The Alchemist Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Alchemist Chronicles

It's been six or seven months since the Promised Day occurred, but is all really well and peaceful? With the downfall of a society considered to be the stuff of legends comes new problems to solve, new enemies to face, and new places to explore!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Lonely Hearts Club

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wiesel

Wiesel

The Lonely Hearts Club Empty
PostSubject: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:37 pm

The mid day sun shined down from the glass roof of the Clearview Mall's plaza, providing a soothing warmth against Connor's skin as he sat at one of the small tables set up around the center of the plaza, with his partner Gazimon slurping quite loudly on his second soda. The young man tapped his foot against the white tile of the plaza floor, his patience swiftly drying out as he was obviously waiting for someone. His partner, oblivious as to why they were still sitting here, spoke up, "So, what are we sitting around for anyways? There haven't been any sightings of Wild Ones, and you're not the kind of guy to socialize-"

Connor sighed in frustration, as he had answered this same question about three times in the past hour. He looked over to his digimon and replied, "That is exactly why we're here Gaz, we're here to talk to Harper and pass on what I've learned about the D-Slots to her, as well as to raise her trust in us."

Gazimon growled, obviously opposed to joining up with his rival, and practically roared, "What?! Why do we need to team up with that stupid little cat?!"

It was obvious that Gazimon wouldn't understand, if only because of his prejudice towards the Leormon that was practically attached to Harper's hip. They couldn't tackle every Wild One they came across all by themselves, it was foolish to even think that they could at this stage. No, they needed to amass a team, a team that could work in synch and share a bond of trust between each of it's members. It would be easy for Harper to recruit more tamers to join, and once a bond of trust was built, Connor could easily lead them to victory. Of course, beating the Wild Ones wasn't the only thing on his mind, as he also needed to figure out where they were coming from, and why no one would remember seeing them aside from the tamers themselves.

"Just finish your drink and calm down, alright? In our current state, we couldn't take on a Champion level digimon in one on one combat. Besides, it will be good to have allies, even if you detest one of them." Connor explained, continuing to rest in his plastic chair while Gazimon just growled at him in frustration. Gazimon wasn't all too happy about everything that was going on, but until they figured out how to digivolve, it would be impossible for them to do anything all alone. With that in mind, Connor just sat there, waiting for Harper to arrive, with or without Leormon.
Back to top Go down
Bellacrose

Bellacrose

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Clacking sounds echoed through the mall as Harper strode along with her favorite friend by her side. She had switched her outfit for that day to a comfortable pair of jeans, a green shirt layered over a white tank top. Leormon followed at her side, looking around the large area full of people carrying bags and walking in groups. His ears twitched occasionally as he picked up on random noises throughout the area. He let out a little huff of annoyance. "I don't see why you agreed to come and meet the kid and his rabbit. I don't trust him, he's too crafty and his rabbit is too stupid. Something doesn't feel right." Leormon stated and wrinkled up his nose.

Harper shrugged. "It's not as bad as you think. I don't think Connor is a bad guy, maybe he's just not outgoing. We can try to make friends okay? There's nothing wrong with making friends. Besides, he's a tamer so we automatically have one thing in common at least!" She said with a smile. Leormon rolled his blue eyes, but his attention snapped over to the duo sitting at the table. He mumbled something, but Harper disregarded it and quickly made her way over to the table. "Sorry, sorry... We're a little late." She quickly said, apologizing for their tardiness. Taking a seat, she set her bag down she had been carrying.

"We would've been on time if someone hadn't picked up something before we came." Leormon said and hopped onto the chair next to her. He idly flicked his tail and gave Gazimon a look with narrowed eyes.
Back to top Go down
Wiesel

Wiesel

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Connor shook his head, a smile on his lips as he replied, "Don't worry about it, we didn't have to wait all that long."

"What?! We had to wait for almost half an hou-OW!" Gazimon said, a yelp cutting his retort off, as Connor had discretely kicked Gazimon's leg in an attempt to keep the rude digimon from ruining his whole plan with his smarmy mouth. Gazimon growled, glaring at Connor for a moment before returning his gaze to the Leormon. The Leormon's eyes seemed to glisten slightly in the rays of the sun, his yellow fur gaining a golden hue as Leormon sat there. Gazimon didn't take his eyes off the Leormon, but couldn't help but admit that he was definitely good looking...

'W-what the heck kind of thought is that?! Ugh, I think that soda might be getting the better of me or somethin'!' Gazimon thought to himself, not taking his eyes off the rival that sat across from him.

Connor cleared his throat, "Like I said, don't worry about being late, what's important is that you got here. Now, I wanted to tell you something I found out about those strange coins we found in the theater and the park."

The teen pulled a few of the D-Lottos out of his white jean pockets and set them down on the counter for the whole world to see before pulling out his digivice. He then took one of the coins and pointed at the slot on the top the digivice, and stated, "These coins go into our digivices...and start some sort of mechanism inside it, setting off some sort of slot machine. When you pull the lever here, the slots stop, and something happens. The last time I used it, Gazimon had his wounds healed. The coins used this way vanish, meaning that we only get a limited number of these, so we need to make sure we use them wisely."

"Then let's make sure not to let the dumb cat get his paws on any," Gazimon remarked, smirking at the Leormon, his crimson red eyes made more vibrant by the light shining down from the glass roof above.

Connor sighed as he started to question why he had brought the little furball along in the first place, especially if he was going to bicker and whine the whole time. Connor turned to his partner and stated, "Gazimon, come on now, we don't want to start a fight."
Back to top Go down
Bellacrose

Bellacrose

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Harper shook her head. She still felt bad about being late and would make it up to him later somehow. Connor's demonstration of the odd machine caught her attention. "Sooo.. My red one does the same thing? Why are they different colors..?" She asked while holding hers up. The whole concept was somewhat strange to her, but with technology these days she decided to accept it for what it was.

Leormon stared at Gazimon with untrusting blue eyes. He didn't trust the rabbit-like creature one bit, even moreso than his trainer. With an idle ear twitch he looked over at Harper as she mentioned the Digivices and then back at Gazimon to watch him carefully. "I guess some of us need the help more than others." He said with a snort, obviously speaking about Gazimon.

Harper let out a tiny sigh. "Play nice Leormon." She gained an annoyed look from the golden cub for a brief moment. "Don't mind him, he's just a tough guy." She said with a small smile and placed one hand under her chin. "So they come from just any Digimon that's been defeated?"
Back to top Go down
Wiesel

Wiesel

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Connor nodded at Harper, "Yes, though from what I've seen, they tend to come in larger quantities depending upon the level of the defeated digimon. I also noticed that the qualities of the coins change with each advance in level. Honestly, I don't know if they only come from Wild Ones or not, but let's hope the enemy can get these coins from our own digimon."

Gaz growled at Leormon, baring his fangs towards the lion, his claws scraping against the table slightly. It was obvious that Gazimon took offense to the Leormon's taunt, but was trying his hardest to bottle his rage, as he knew Connor would hit him again. Still, Gazimon continued to glare at the Leormon, doing his best to ignore how good looking the cat was, not to mention all the questions that would be brought up due to such thoughts.

"As for the colors...I have no clue. I do know we each have a different color, with no two being the same, but the significance of these colors is unknown for the time being. So, have you seen anything or learned anything new after our last fight with those two Garurumon?" Connor asked, wondering if Harper had managed to find out anything on her end, as any piece of information would be useful.
Back to top Go down
Bellacrose

Bellacrose

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Harper shrugged. "Well.. The fog. It's always around them, but I figured that would be obvious. Especially for someone like you." She said while reaching over to try and pat Leormon, who leaned over to the side to avoid her hand in annoyance. "But... Besides that I dunno. They don't seem very aware... I mean like Leormon here. They don't talk or anything like that."

Leormon shook his head. His partner could be a little ditzy at times. He pushed her hand away with a claw and resumed sitting in his regular sitting position. He noticed Gazimon was still staring in his direction despite the insult and looked away. His attention turned to Connor. "I don't know what you want from us, but I don't trust you pal. You'd better be careful." He said while wrinkling up his nose in a frown.

Harper shook her head. "Don't worry about him, he doesn't trust anyone... But we're in a public place, I don't see what's wrong with chatting." The red haired girl commented. She looked over at Gazimon, noticing the fact he was staring at Leormon. "He sure is quiet all of a sudden..."
Back to top Go down
Wiesel

Wiesel

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Connor looked over to his partner and immediately noticed how angry the Gazimon was. The young man gently petted Gazimon's head, and said to both of the digimon, "Please just relax, both of you. If we're going to be allies, then there shouldn't be any reason we should be arguing amongst ourselves like this."

Gazimon huffed, the soothing strokes of Conner's head against the top of Gazimon's head calming the easily tempered Gazimon down. Connor smiled, not at how cute Gazimon looked, with his eyes closed, looking as if he was napping while sitting up. No, it was simply because of how obedient Gazimon was, despite the tension that used to be between the two when they first became partners. They certainly came far, both physically and psychologically, and while Connor could feel a bond of friendship between him and the little fuzzball, he certainly wouldn't admit it aloud.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit of a bad mood..." Gazimon replied, opening his eyes once more to meet the Leormon's gaze, the tension thick between the two digimon, despite Connor's request. The young Tamer just sighed and let go of Gazimon, knowing all to well that this wasn't going to end well.

"If you say so Gaz. Thanks for the info Harper, at least we know that the strongest concentration of fog is where the Wild One is located...but why fog? And why do people always forget about these creatures except for us? It's so puzzling sometimes." Connor stated, rubbing his temples as he rested his elbows on the table, his white and blue hoodie sleeves falling down about a centimeter or so.
Back to top Go down
Bellacrose

Bellacrose

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Harper paused for a moment. "Well... Maybe the fog makes them forget." She knew she'd probably get a weird look from Connor for even mentioning it, but she started making demonstrations with her hands. "You know, like in the movies. But we're special, and we have Digimon so it doesn't affect us or something because we have these weird machines and all." Harper pointed at Leormon who's ear twitched in response.

Leormon noticed how Gazimon reacted to his partner, which was the actual reason for his ear flicking. He frowned as he realized how annoyed he got when his own Partner tried to give him a pat and jumped off the chair and onto the ground letting out a 'hmph.' "Even if they do keep coming, who cares if people forget, less trouble for Digimon like us. Besides as long as Harper and I take em out it's no big deal."
Back to top Go down
Wiesel

Wiesel

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Connor nodded, gently tapping the center of his chest with his index and middle finger as he pondered. It certainly made sense, and it was easy to deduce that Harper's assumption was indeed true, but there was still the factor of why the fog followed the Wild Ones. Why could they only travel with the fog surrounding them, and why did the fog seem to sprout from where ever the digimon was spawned?

The young man didn't have much time to think as Gazimon got off of his chair to stay level with Leormon. Still holding the gaze between the duo, Gazimon took a step forward and replied, "Hey, you're not taking these digimon out by yourself anymore. We're working as a team, whether we like it or not Leormon."

"I agree, the digimon in the theater, and that pair of Garurumon were tough to beat, and even then, we had an average team of two digimon. If we stick together and work as a team, then it'll be much easier for us to take down the Wild Ones. Don't you think Harper?" Connor asked, not wanting to jump into anything without Harper's consent. But by this point, her approval was practically guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Bellacrose

Bellacrose

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Leormon took a step back from the approaching Gazimon. "Team or not, keep your distance buddy." He said while flexing his paws, lightly scraping the tile floor of the mall. Leormon was starting to feel uncomfortable at the fact Gazimon was staring at him and turned his gaze away to look at Harper. Her sudden jumping up into a standing position startled him and he bounced under the table in an automatic reaction, crashing into Gazimon in the process.

"Yes! We can be part of a team! And we can hang out all the time! And we can go shopping, and go out for dinner and lunch and breakfast! Oh, oh! And we can go to parks and play games and we can go shopping even more! Or we can hang out at my house with the pool! Or we can play video games or watch tv or go to a movie or..." She continued to list things off, rambling on about every possible option she could think of at the moment. Harper's green eyes were sparkling with excitement at the possible option of being friends with Connor, and she wasn't even thinking about fighting Wild Ones at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Wiesel

Wiesel

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Gazimon fell over out of surprise, those big blue eyes suddenly zooming towards his at faster speeds that Gazi had predicted. He shook his head, then gave a questioning glance over to the "assailant" before asking, "Jeez, what has you all spooked?"

Meanwhile, Connor was quickly starting to regret forming this partnership with Harper, as she seemed a lot more...enthusiastic than he initially thought. With a weak chuckle, Connor replied, "Hey now, slow down. We've only known each other for a few days, so why don't we try something small first. How does a walk around the mall sound?"

"With this kitty stuck under the table? Somehow I don't see that happening," Gazimon smirked, obviously trying to get his new "team-mate" out from under the table via provocation. Knowing the Leormon's distrust of the duo, and his pride, it would be almost certain that the red maned lion would come out from his hiding spot. Still, seeing Leormon scurry under the table hadn't made Gazimon laugh or even chuckle, as something of the sort normally would. Once again, Gazimon just up and blamed it on the two cups of soda he had drank earlier.
Back to top Go down
Bellacrose

Bellacrose

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:51 am

Leormon was trying to avoid sinking his claws into the Digimon close to him. He backed out from under the table, giving Gazimon an irritated stare. "Don't worry, I'm not too fond of sharing a table space with a stuffed rabbit anyways." He said as he found his way next to Harper.

Harper, nodding in agreement, made her way around the table and grabbed Connor's hand. "Okay, let's go then!" She said and tugged him along. She was cheerily making her way past several stores, but suddenly realized how pushy she was being and let go of his hand. "Er, sorry... I guess I got a little excited there." Harper said with a nervous laugh. Leormon, who had been following after her gave her a look of sympathy. Although his tamer annoyed him to no end most of the time, having a new 'friend' was probably an exciting experience for her. In this case he would keep his mouth shut on the topic.
Back to top Go down
Wiesel

Wiesel

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 1:32 am

Gazimon scowled, not at Leormon's retort, but at the thought of being in such a confined place with the lion, and actually enjoying the thought instead of downright despising it. Gazimon couldn't help but wonder what was in those sodas, or why he felt so warm all over. He exhaled, frowning at this turn of events as he walked over to Connor, only to be interrupted.

Gazimon's eyes widened when he saw Harper start pulling Connor along, all to aware of Connor's whole motive for fighting the Wild Ones, for even considering Gazimon's existence, and how horribly Harper was violating that with her simple act. Thankfully, she let go of Connor's hand, and was quick to apologize.

Connor sighed in an odd combination of frustration and relief, before regaining his composure and replying in a calm voice, "It's alright. Just give me a heads up before you start pulling me all over the place, will you?"

Connor's partner couldn't help but drop his jaw at his Tamer's reaction. In any other situation, Connor would've set forth an almost unholy rage towards the individual who would even dare try to force him into doing anything...but Connor seemed to have suppressed this anger, if only to retain his "friendship" with Harper. With the possibility of a crisis now averted, Gazimon followed behind Connor, only to end up standing, unintentionally, next to Leormon.

Connor glanced around, scratching the back of his head before asking, "So, where do you want to go first? I don't usually come here often, so I don't really know my way around too well."
Back to top Go down
Bellacrose

Bellacrose

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:25 am

Harper could tell he was at least a little upset over her actions and quickly put some space in between the two. She placed her own hands together, knotting her fingers and glancing around awkwardly. "Um..." She mumbled, seeming a bit lost at where to go now that she had caught onto how poorly her choice from before had turned out.

Leormon let out a huff of annoyance. He wasn't at all happy with what a pushover his tamer was being at the moment. But he bit his tongue on scolding her, and was distracted by the fact Gazimon was next to him again. He shifted to the side again to put some space between the two, feeling a weird feeling just being next to the Digimon. His blue eyes shifted over to Gazimon, giving him a paranoid look with a piercing gaze.

"Well... There's the uh.. Music store." She finally managed to say. She knew she'd be fine in the music store, Harper certainly knew her way around it for one thing. And there was always plenty of music to fill any awkward voids. "It's just down that way around the corner. Right over there." The girl said, pointing past a few stands and several stores.
Back to top Go down
Wiesel

Wiesel

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:35 am

Music, such an emotional art form that could bring out a variety of emotions within the listener. Connor was certainly a fan of all different kinds of music, aside from a few genres that only seemed to dispel idiotic rhythms and lyrics. But for the moment that wasn't important, and instead, Connor smiled and nodded his head.

"Sure thing. I always wanted to see what kind of music they had here." Connor replied, motioning for Harper to lead the way to the store itself, as he had no idea where it might be. He was much to fascinated by what kinds of music might be available to even bother remembering what he had gotten angry over moments ago. To Connor, all was forgiven so long as his curiosity could be satiated.

Gazimon, on the other hand, could not overcome these feelings that he had going on in his head, no matter how much he didn't want to think about them. He glanced at his surroundings to try and distract himself, but only met up with Leormon's piercing gaze once again, and blushed. This practically mortified the grey rabbit, who stared back into Leormon's gaze and replied gruffly, "What are you looking at? I'm standing next to my tamer, same as you. So don't you get any ideas, alright?"
Back to top Go down
Bellacrose

Bellacrose

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:26 am

Harper weaved in between a few people, apologizing as she bumped into one of the strangers. "It's a nice store, they sell both modern and classical music. They also sell music from other countries too." She stated as they passed a rather aromatic perfume shop.

"Free sample?" A woman said, offering a strongly scented perfume. Harper shook her head, refusing the free sample in an instant. She wasn't one for expensive perfumes, despite the amounts of money she had to spend.

Leormon wrinkled his nose at the strong scents as they passed by them. His increased senses meeting the manufactured scents caused his eyes to water and he had to blink a few times. He held his head up regardless after hearing the comment from Gazimon and looked away. "Obviously I'm not looking at anything." He said with a snort, only to proceed coughing from the perfume after it was sprayed on a woman who quickly walked passed them. He wrinkled his nose up in annoyance as Harper glanced back to check on him.
Back to top Go down
Wiesel

Wiesel

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:19 am

Gazimon quickly plugged his nose upon entering the section, knowing all too well how potent the scents of perfume were to a sensitive nose. Gazimon scoffed, looking away from the Leormon and replied, "Neither am I, so let's keep it that way, alright?"

Gazimon was thankful that Connor declined the woman's offer, as he could still smell the horrid perfume, even through his pinched nostrils. He couldn't understand why any human would want to smell so horrid. Thankfully though, their trek through the perfume parlor was short, as it wasn't that large by any means.

The group exited out onto the corner, with the music shop down the large hallway that was a little crowded, now that Connor thought about it. He looked over to Harper and couldn't help but wonder about the headphones that she always wore on her head. In fact, Connor asked, "So tell me Harper, what kind of Headphones are those? They're certainly unique...I haven't seen a pair like that on store shelves, that's for sure."
Back to top Go down
Bellacrose

Bellacrose

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Leormon huffed. "Whatever." He said and quickened his pace to walk beside Harper. He felt more at ease next to his tamer, although he didn't voice it and kept closer to her than being beside Gazimon. The cub noticed all the odd stares he was getting, but at this point he didn't care anyways and shrugged it off. As long as they didn't try to touch him like usual. Leormon wasn't a pet or a toy, and he didn't appreciate being treated like one.

Harper glanced over at Connor's question. She subconsciously touched her headphones in response to his question. "These? They're specially made. I like lions, so I asked my dad if there were any headphones with lion ears, or just cat ears... Eventually he just gave up looking and had a pair made. He picked green and black out because he thinks it's hip or something. I don't mind though... Besides he was thinking about me when he had them made too! Although.. Green isn't my favorite color, but he thinks it is and gets me a lot of green things, so I just go along with it." She stumbled slightly, as she had turned to face him while walking. In truth, her favorite color was red, but she would accept anything green because it meant they were thinking about her in some way shape or form.

Harper turned at the sight of glowing letters. The sign to the music shop was right above. "We're here!" She said with a small bounce and went into the shop. Weaving between several groups of people she made her way to the beginning of the music section. CDs listed from A-Z were there, isle after isle for Harper to browse through. "It's strange, these feel really outdated now with what we have." Harper commented as she turned over the CD case of a singer. It was on discount, an older CD and a singer who hadn't been too popular in their career.
Back to top Go down
Wiesel

Wiesel

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 10:51 pm

Connor couldn't help but chuckle at how lucky Harper must have been, to have a partner who was the spitting image of a lion cub. Not that he was jealous, as Gazimon was the best partner Connor could've hoped for...despite how detestable Gazi could be at times. Gazimon was brazen, rude, violent, and was certainly a bit of a flirt. However, he was also brave, agile, strong, and would follow Connor to the ends of the earth. They're relationship was that of a general and his soldier, both doing their parts to reach their goal in carving their own destiny.

Connor shrugged, picking up one of the CD's in the B section, the artist's name intriguing him with how similar it was to his own last name. The Cd was a collection of songs composed by Bizet L'Arlésienne, a man who Connor had never even heard of. From the looks of the song titles on the back of the case, it was easy to see that these were all orchestrated pieces. Interested in sampling the music, he took the case over to a nearby scanner, with a pair of headphones inserted on either side of it, allowing customers to sample the music before making their purchases.

"So, Harper, what kind of music do you like?" Connor asked, slipping on the headphones as he swiped the barcode on the cd case across the scanner, bringing up an onscreen menu of songs on the cd.

Meanwhile, Gazimon couldn't help but sigh, "Man, theres nothing for us to do in here. Sure, you guys can listen to music, but there aren't enough scanners for the four of us."

This was a blatant lie, of course, as there was still one scanner left, this one set lower to the ground for easy access to children, and would probably be the only spot where Gazimon and Leormon could listen to music comfortably. Connor just rolled his eyes at his partner's complaint, and instead focused on Harper's response, not playing a single note of the Cd until she finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lonely Hearts Club   The Lonely Hearts Club Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lonely Hearts Club
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Alchemist Chronicles :: Other RPs Outside of FMA :: User-Created RP-
Jump to: